[AusNOG] Assistance with Cisco vPC configuration on 4 x Cisco Nexus 3000 switches

Jason Leschnik jason at leschnik.me
Mon Nov 26 00:10:50 EST 2018

Hi Radek,

Few questions/comments:

   - Are the 3064's acting as some type of core here?
   - What's the wider topology look like?
   - Without vPC on SW13/14 you will be missing out on the chance to
   back-to-back vPC these and turn those 4 links into a single logical link
   - Generally if you don't expect to see much traffic asymmetry (most
   downstream ports will be in vPC) in the network you can skip the 40 Gbps
   peer-link and use them links downstream/upstream connectivity
      - In a well designed network we are active-active to both 3k,
      failures of links will cause traffic to traverse the peer-link
but we don't
      expect as much as going south->north

By no means am I a design expert, I just know a little about Nexus =)

Regards,
Jason.