[AusNOG] Assistance and Access Bill moves to PJCIS

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:31:28 EST 2018

Unfortunately, we're being played, by the Trumpist rump in the Liberal
Party.

Problem for the rest of the Liberals is that they're expected to fall into
line behind a minority of the party.

The PJCIS will hear and consider Human Rights arguments, because they're
not all Liberals, and not all the Liberals on the PJCIS are invested in
blowing up our democratic institutions.

Morrison can't pass this Bill without Labor's support and hopes to wedge
them on terrorism.

I can't see that Labor are especially invested in this Bill passing. As
things look today, it will be a Labor government administering it, and they
are more likely to want to pass their own rather than have to deal with the
Human Rights gaps, mass surveillance implications, technical anomalies, and
broken multi agency framework.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins