[AusNOG] Friday question

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Nov 19 17:55:52 EST 2018

Another Linux vote here, gives much more flexibility in the field for
troubleshooting and whatnot. Especially when its your daily driver and
you've got it setup just right with your own preferences.

In terms of other useful gear, I've started configuring with the idea of
running around with a little Mikrotik called the mAP Lite, TINY little
thing powered off USB and has a single ether port with 2.4 ghz wifi
chip. Handy to just plug into the designated local management port and
not have to sit next to the rack with a cable hanging out to the laptop.
Setup the ethernet port with all your vendors default details as well,
with the appropriate routes/NAT rules on the wifi side so you get
instant connectivity even with factory defaulting gear :P