[AusNOG] Telstra mobile issues again?

Joshua Cameron JoshuaC at ace.com.au
Tue May 22 09:20:09 EST 2018

Yes, I believe you have to manually call and declare yourself.

I found out about not being able to call 000 yesterday from the news, and then I saw on Telstra’s Twitter after I heard their Outage page was down.
I’d suggest this is where people are learning they’re not able to call 000.
In cities your phone will fail over to other carriers, as they’ve said, however in rural where Telstra is the only mobile coverage you’re under a bit of extra risk during the outage.

https://twitter.com/Telstra
“A reminder that during an interruption of this nature, calls to 000 using a Telstra mobile will connect over other carriers’ networks where carriers have mobile coverage”
“Calls to 000 will connect over other carriers’ networks where they have mobile coverage”

Joshua Cameron
Software Developer/Systems Administrator
Office:  02 4861 8888