[AusNOG] Fibre Cut in Sydney - Vocus

Christopher Hawker me at chrishawker.com.au
Fri Mar 23 09:31:05 EST 2018

Hello David,

Yes, Vocus may have been operational however several Telcos and ISPs in the pacific islands that use Vocus backhaul with their termination points on the Equinix SY loop suffered major outages. For example, Digicel Pacific (in Fiji and Vanuatu) had major network outages with no international voice or internet as a result of this fibre cut. Vocus may have been all good, but their customers certainly were not. What diversity does Vocus have in place from the CLS in Alexandria to the Equinix SY loop?

CH.