[AusNOG] $300 NBN Connection Fee for FTTP?

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Thu Mar 22 13:39:01 EST 2018

Ken - for a single house on a single block of land, she'll probably get whichever
technology the neighbours are allocated, which you can find out from the NBN website
lookup tool by moving the red pin around. If the block is in a FTTN area, then there's
likely to already be a copper trunk cable running down the street to service the
neighbours, so nobody would be 'laying new copper' down the street for that block of
land - just a new copper line from the house (once its built) to the street to connect
in to the nearest junction pit, just like any new house in the pre-NBN days.

I think the bit about FTTP being preferred for new homes applies to large property
developments of 100 dwellings or more.

This is actually the sort of query that NBN's call centre should be able to answer,
since she can't go through a RSP as she hasn't got the property or ordered a service
yet. (1800 687 626)

Paul.