[AusNOG] [AUSNOG] o365 experience

Shaun Ewing shaun at shaun.net
Tue Jun 19 11:39:34 EST 2018

Never equal local Exchange? I would argue the complete opposite – unless we want to go back to having 200MB mailboxes, regular outages, and such. I’ve been at numerous large organisations and have never seen an on-prem Exchange system run as smoothly as O365 does.

Sure it’s not without its faults, but they’re quite rare these days and I use O365 all day every day including a tenant for my personal mail/etc. (I have accounts on 5 tenants right now).

As others have mentioned, making sure you have sufficient network (and Internet) capacity is key especially during the migration.

My only real complaint is having to deal with China for support. I have had some issues in the past take days to get resolved.

As for migrations – I use MigrationWiz. It’s a nominal fee per mailbox and works really well.

-Shaun