[AusNOG] [AUSNOG] o365 experience

Ashley Knowles ashley at aknowledgeit.net.au
Tue Jun 19 11:19:50 EST 2018

Hi Paul,

I was involved in migrations a few years back for some larger organisations around the 150k-200k seat mark. The user experience ultimately relies on a number of factors; as you’ve noted, network performance is a large factor, however IMO this should only be an issue on the initial migration. Properly configuring Outlook to use cached mode effectively allows you to reduce the network impact by doing an initial sync and then only syncing the changes; this can be done through Group Policy modifications.

Using a hybrid approach also works well if you have applications on premises. Ultimately routing of mail becomes the “performance” problem in this kind of situation.

Feel free to reach out directly if you have any specific queries.

Cheers,
Ashley