[AusNOG] Approx downtime when moving fromTelstra to another internet provider ? for email , route etc

Russell Langton russell3901 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:28:05 EST 2018

Hi Qui,

For pure routing - If Telstra removed it correctly , and the new provider
added it correctly straight away, It should only be as long for the routing
tables to propagate and update - ~30 seconds.
Without knowing the details of the cutover procedure, the 2 hours may be
required for OSS systems to update network, or DNS ttl to expire or other
factors.
2 hours time-frame may also be given as a worst case to give enough time to
fix any errors.