[AusNOG] Any contacts with the AFP here?

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Wed Jan 31 16:30:16 EST 2018

Chris,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 8:52 PM, Chris Hurley <chris at minopher.net.au> wrote:
> We have a client who has passed on a blackmail email from a Ukraine ‘figure’
> asking for $320 US in BitCoin payment or they would release info about them.
> Does any one have any direct AFP contacts?

I'd recommend you reach out to
https://www.onlineinvestigations.com.au/about-online-investigations-pty-ltd/about-us/
instead (Julia is based in Melbourne).

I doubt the Police will want to become involved as the amount of $320
USD is too low for consideration by https://www.acorn.gov.au/

If so, you'll will have more success escalating this to the Victorian
Police Minister similar to that of
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/alleged-stalking-victim-robyn-night-calls-for-revenge-porn-laws-20151029-gkm5bg.html
i.e. "Mrs Night said police ignored her case for four years, before a
man was charged just a month after her husband, River, lodged
complaints with the Police Minister and Police Commissioner."

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact