[AusNOG] NBN/ACMA fines etc

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Tue Jan 2 11:17:32 EST 2018

Then perhaps you need to talk to your aggregator, who does have telemetry available, and who you’re already paying for service, and who can give you availability data without inviting NBNCo to play in the retail market.

The NBN mess is the result of the ugly Australian tendency to go running behind the Government’s apron strings every time anyone has a problem with anything, instead of solving the problem yourself. Asking for more government “assistance” isn’t likely to result in a better outcome.

They’ve already shown that they don’t know how to produce good outcomes, and it’s a bit weird to expect that they’d suddenly learn for this one specific instance.

   - mark

--
Tiny screen, imaginary keyboard.