[AusNOG] [AUSNog] : Re Data Centre Fire Suppression Safety

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Fri Dec 14 08:50:34 EST 2018

CO2 is popular in some markets - eg. Japan still. I’ve talked to operators there and they seem pretty confident in it.

Halon is definitely a thing for certain tasks - my Dad at one point was responsible (well, people who reported to him were) for an irreplaceable historic collection and they valued protecting over anything. I recall you had to be careful about signing in and out and carry a kit and you had a minute to get out when the alarm went off.

10% oxygen is about summit of Denali (20kft) - it’s not something most of us deal with, but you can survive for a bit. (Obviously not quite the same as the gas is more dense than at 20kft etc).

MMC