[AusNOG] Dutton decryption bill

Bradley Silverman bsilverman at staff.ventraip.com
Thu Aug 16 11:16:32 EST 2018

@Paul I can tell a lawyer, priest, therapist or spouse my secrets and the
judicial system can't force them to give up the information. Are you saying
those laws need to be changed too?

What if I had done nothing wrong, had a device that was using a SSH key to
access and legitimately lost the private key, should I spend 10 years in
jail because I lost a file?

It's incredibly short sighted to say, we should give the government full
access to monitor anything and everything I do, which is what this is
leading towards, because only bad people need privacy.

I can actually *hear* Orwell rolling in his grave.

Regards,

Bradley Silverman | VentraIP Australia
*Technical Operations*

mobile. +61 418 641 103