[AusNOG] Packet loss on link - multiple providers

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Mon Aug 6 12:19:56 EST 2018

On 8/6/2018 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:

> We have a customer that is experiencing packet loss on a VPN connection.
>
> The connection is between their on-prem (colo datacentre) and Azure.
>
> Their firewall is managed by Vendor A (customer owned device).
>
> The ISP is Vendor B.
>

> We have been getting bounced around between Microsoft support, Vendor A
> (FW Support), Fortinet (FW Vendor support) and Vendor B (ISP) ?
Do you have a direct connection with Azure in place? Are you spending
much on support? If you are a direct partner you will need to spend at
least $15000 per year on Microsoft support just to keep the partnership
running.
If you are an indirect partner your distributor will be able to provide
support.
You will soon either need to give MS more money or your customer will,
or you will need to switch to an Indirect partner.
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-au/services/expressroute/ and you can
read about the partner changes at.
https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/Announcement-Discussions/Microsoft-Announcement-for-CSP-tier-1-Partners/m-p/4755

--