[AusNOG] Vendors back charging on support and maintenance.

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 16:07:21 EST 2018

Brad, et al,

The vendor makes these update to fix defects in their product (largely
because of commercial revoke or legislative issues). Free loading would be
not paying and still expecting a service (unless theres a limited lifetime
warranty. Improve QA to stop returns and support calls. If this makes it
into the RMA pool that's the vendors problems, not customers.

as for the strawmen theory of car, house and content insurance, all three
of theses are covered if you're not at fault under the defendant's
insurance policy (accept in the act of god). Beyond that all three have
additional risks that a completely different to piece of kit or software.

Let's use oranges to compare to oranges, not apples.

Regards,

Peter Tiggerdine

GPG Fingerprint: 2A3F EA19 F6C2 93C1 411D 5AB2 D5A8 E8A8 0E74 6127