[AusNOG] How to setup something like LACP across two switches

Jason Leschnik jason at leschnik.me
Fri Apr 20 16:40:00 EST 2018

Hey Mattia,

Faricpath on Cisco is TRILL based with Cisco extensions, SPB is the IEEE
competitor - Trill is IETF.

This would work between your different switches but the hosts still
wouldn't be able to form a single port-channel to those TRILL/FabricPath
enabled switches. Think of the Fabricpath core kinda like Layer3 core just
that we're routing Layer 2 frames as the payload. We still run into the
same limitation if we try to connect a host into two different switches, we
cannot form a single port-channel/LAG between them. So we're back to
needing vPC (MLAG/MCEC)

For this Cisco uses vPC+ which is vPC+FP to allow hosts to connect
Active-Active.

https://adamraffe.com/2013/03/04/vpc-and-vpc-understanding-the-differences/