[AusNOG] iPrimus latency from Darwin NT

Jarryd Sullivan Jarryd.Sullivan at area9.com.au
Wed Apr 18 17:24:42 EST 2018

Hey all,

Have a number of customers currently on Amnet NBN services which currently terminate up here in the NT, routing to Vocus/Amcom services from Amnet is amazing, sub 5ms latency. Due to the Amnet merger/buyout our customers are being asked to migrate to iPrimus, however before they do I wish to find out what the latency is like to Vocus/Amcom services in the NT from iPrimus. I can provide an IP for traceroutes off list if someone is able to assist. I suspect iPrimus Darwin customers terminate in Adelaide or somewhere down south, not up here. I did find their looking glass however I can only test from Sydney/Melbourne from what I remember. Really hoping to test from a Darwin customer or if someone from iPrimus can reach out with the info that'd be much appreciated.

I've called iPrimus support, they had no idea, they put me through to sales to discuss new connections for some reason, then I called back support and was told to call the business arm of the business (Commander) which is not what I want as my customers aren't being asked to move to Commander.

Asked to speak to Level 2 or someone further up the chain also at iPrimus and was told I can't do that without a support ticket, and as I don't currently have any services with iPrimus, I can't log one. :)

Thanks in advance

Jarryd Sullivan

The information contained in this message and any attachments may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or forward the information contained in these documents. If you have received this message in error, please delete the email and notify the sender.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses. Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.