[AusNOG] fortifiedserver.net ??

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Wed Apr 11 17:29:23 EST 2018

Gentlemen (and ladies!) - I'm not often stuck with no idea which way to
even begin... but I am this afternoon.

I've a customer who has been trying to email a supplier of theirs, but the
mail keeps bouncing back. It's not the usual fat-fingered address. When I
started investigating it, I see the recipients email is handled by mx1 and
mx2.fortifiedserver.net

When I send an email (from a different domain to my customer) to the
recipient I get an immediate bounce that says:

   ... while talking to mx1.fortifiedserver.net.:
   >>> RCPT To:<****@******.com.au>
   <<< 550 Sorry, we do not accept connections from you.
   550 5.1.1 <****@******.com.au>... User unknown
   451 4.4.1 reply: read error from mx1.fortifiedserver.net.

I've checked and my mailservers are not in any blacklist I can find.
I've never been used as a spam relay, or origin of spam, the mail server
reputation on everything I've been able to find is "good". Yes, I have
proper RDNS etc and have had for decades.

Both http://fortifiedserver.net/ and https://fortifiedserver.net/ are a
waste of time.
whois fortifiedserver.net doesn't return anything useful.
Google isn't returning anything helpful or relevant.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

R.