[AusNOG] CPU - when to upgrade

Jim Woodward jim at alwaysnever.net
Fri Apr 6 10:51:21 EST 2018

On 06-04-2018 10:21, Rhys Cuff (Latrobe I.T) wrote:

Hi Rhys,

If it's a Cisco I have found that once you start hitting 70% you'll
start to see Latency creep up, this in turn will likely to have an
overall effect on achievable speeds.

If the 70% figure is an average then peaks may be quite a bit higher, I
would consider working on a plan to upgrade the device(s) or do the
usual process of looking at your configuration to see if you have any
misconfigured/redundant ACL's or or routing policies that may be eating
into your CPU performance.

Kind Regards,

Jim.