[AusNOG] 1.1.1.1 DNS resolvers

Stephen Gillies max at caretandstick.com.au
Wed Apr 4 14:38:16 EST 2018

There are a number of DNS servers (commercial products) out there with the extra security integrated for blacklist/threatfeed/behavioural analysis/anti-tunnelling which are I guess more enterprise focused security features, whereas something like quad-1^9 is surely for end users who are happy to give their passive DNS data to cloudflare and IBM?

I find it difficult to understand why any telco would just to give away all that DNS browsing data to someone else to analyse and monetise?

Max

Stephen ‘max’ Gillies
M: +61 409 245 888