[AusNOG] NBN Action (potentially semi-political post)

Chris Hurley chris at minopher.net.au
Sat Sep 30 19:56:09 EST 2017

Admire your passion Ross, I butted my head against aspects of the NBN years
ago, trouble was the politicians I spoke with genuinely don¹t under IT most
had/have trouble turning on their own computers.

I also remember one local meeting Turnball went to and his minders didn¹t
like me stating Telstra was installing fibre to each politicians electoral
office ³free² of charge. It didn¹t go down well as this group of voters were
in a bad/black ADSL area. Turnball promised if your area is bad we will run
fibre to your homes. As far as I know they never got fibre and way way down
on the list of locations to have the NBN.

Regards,

Chris Hurley BE (Elec)
Signal Manager

Dragon Rail Pty Ltd     Phone: 1300 730 531
74 Allanfield Crescent
Boronia,  3155 Victoria
Australia