[AusNOG] Business customer smashing their "unlimited" MBE 20/20Mbps internet service

James Cunningham jjazza26 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 14:09:19 EST 2017

>> I agree Unlimited is Unlimited.

Fully agree here too, which is why I think we just need to optimise some
routing, and suck it up.

Interestingly the AAPT/TPG Fibre400 services offer Unlimited internet at
400Mbps, but also say "subject to fair use" when you order it as a layer 3
Internet service.

So if someone smashes the 400Mbps link, 24/7, the provider (AAPT or someone
else if it's done as wholesale e-line) have to suck up the 100TB of
Internet traffic used each month?

Interesting to hear the different people's opinion on the topic.

James