[AusNOG] Telstra level 3 help contact

Chris Hurley chris at dragonrail.com.au
Fri Sep 22 23:20:06 EST 2017

Hi all,

Hoping someone can put me in contact with Telstra level 3 help/tech support.
We have a Telstra TID 50M/50M fibre link in Clayton that has worked fine
since March but in the past 24 hours it¹s become unusable except  for 5
minutes bursts at random times.

All support says is the link is up. Until they finally admitted it is
flapping, ³we can¹t help so need to escalate. Please leave a laptop
connected and we¹ll get someone to call you back. Beside it so you can help
diagnose².

I¹ve already spent hours waiting for non-existent call backs. I don¹t feel
like spending another night on site waiting for a mystery call back. Though
I will be hip all night on a different project so if any one has any ideas
drop me an email or phone call 0407533109.

Network config is Telstra fibre > Cisco 3845 router > Netgear switch(s)

The network has public Telstra IP to Class C on Cisco router. No changes to
config on router. Have tried swooping switches, even put  TP-LINK Ethernet
router in place of the Cisco to check if it was faulty. No luck, though the
servers on our side of the Cisco do see the usual port scanning attempts.

Regards,

Chris Hurley

Dragon Rail Pty Ltd     Phone: 1300 730 531
74 Allanfield Crescent
Boronia,  3155 Victoria
Australia