[AusNOG] MelbourneIT DNS Issues

Chris Gibbs chris at chribbsdesign.com.au
Wed Sep 13 20:15:51 EST 2017

Hey Noggers,

We are having an issue with MelbourneIT and their domain and DNS hosting.
We have been back and forth with their support department for the past week
trying to make changes to a customers records. Apparently there is a major
issue with their portal and they said there would be 4-5days / weeks /
months for it to return.

We however came unstuck and are currently half way through a O365 migration
without the ability to update the dozens of records required for the
cutover. MelbourneIT did create one manual record for us but this seems to
be an ongoing issue and they are now reluctant to create more 'manual'
records for fear of it being wiped out when their console application comes
back online.

We have spoken to them probably 10 times via phone and updated multiple
times via email without progressing.

We have also noticed that two of the name servers that our customers domain
use are gone, not sure what is going on.

ns2.easyclouddns.net
ns3.easyclouddns.net

Is there someone that can ping me offlist please with an escalation path
please?

On a sidenote, we also discussed getting auth codes to transfer away after
these issues but was informed it is not currently possible while their
portal is down. What recourse do we have available on behalf of our
customer  to force a transfer to another provider please. The domain in
question is a .com.au

Kind Regards,

Chris Gibbs / Managing Director
chris at chribbsdesign.com.au / 0417942837