[AusNOG] ABC 4Corners - What's Wrong with the NBN?

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Tue Oct 24 11:31:44 EST 2017

Personally, I would rather have less access to that kind of information so that you have less responsibility to collect it… I seem to recall the data retention legislation being very clear that if you don’t have access to information, you aren’t required to collect it. I think this is more about making the Apple-using customers happier because the services “just work”, regardless of how locked in or privacy-encroaching it may be.

Also… TR-069 is plain text, so couldn’t you sniff the packets to get the config? You may have to factory reset the ISP-provided router to force it to do a full refresh, but that and packet captures is something I’m sure many of us would do regularly.