[AusNOG] ABC 4Corners - What's Wrong with the NBN?

Giles Pollock glp71s at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 10:37:17 EST 2017

A risky project, ultimately ruined by politics. After seeing the disaster
my brother has been through with his NBN HFC installation and his ISPs
ineptitude both in how they forced a service porting onto a reported faulty
installation as well as his finding an absolutely hideous security issue, I
fear for the time my eventual installation is done.

On that topic... What is everyone's thoughts on the prospect of ISPs
recording and having access to internal network data, such as knowing what
devices are given what DHCP leases and the like? Seems a bit invasive to me
given none that I'm aware of make it known to the consumer that they will
attempt to collect this information...