[AusNOG] using nbn network for >100mbps point-to-point connection

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Thu Oct 12 20:25:32 EST 2017

Damian,

I think it's a way to prevent network loops. Imagine if a customer plugged a cable into 2x UNI-D ports that are from the same provider. The way they have done it means that even the provider who is has this done to their services is not negatively impacted. If they allowed it, it could negatively impact all providers going through the same equipment.