[AusNOG] Security, the government, and sweets

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Thu Nov 16 13:32:01 EST 2017

On Nov 10, 2017, at 5:22 PM, paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au wrote:
> amazingly the Competition Branch of the Department of Communication and Arts, decided this morning to send every carrier the email addresses of the primary contact for every other carrier.

The Commonwealth of Australia does this literally all the time.

Of all the entities I deal with, I trust them the least with private data. Virtually guaranteed that they’ll leak it eventually, either accidentally or out of spite (e.g., Andie Fox, whose confidential Centrelink file was provided to Fairfax by the Department of Human Services because she criticized Minister Tudge on twitter)

  - mark