[AusNOG] ATS vs STS & recommendations?

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Wed Nov 8 09:41:25 EST 2017

Hi All,

One of our DC providers is removing some power from a single feed in some of our racks soon, and a couple of our customers have some single fed units that are connected to the “wrong” rail.

We are looking to help them out with ATS or STSs. I remember some discussion some time ago about whether one is better than the other, and some quite technical arguments why you would prefer one or the other.

For a standard 10A outlet and a 500-1kw load what do people recommend these days?

Thanks,
Andrew