[AusNOG] Recommendations for reliable LTE devices

Jonathan Brewer jon.brewer at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:13:36 EST 2017

On 22 May 2017 at 14:42, Mark Tees <marktees at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering what people are using for LTE terminations these days.

I have been testing a Mikrotik SXT LTE for the last two weeks on a private
APN. It seems to be what you're looking for, with the caveat it only does
LTE at 1800/2600 MHz.

It also ticks all the boxes you were looking for - except the script/reboot
thing. In my first week of testing I found after a few hours it would go
idle to the point it could not be woken up from the network side. It was
happy to wake back up if it had traffic to send. So I set up a ping
watchdog and it has been running beautifully since.

Ordered from GoWiFi in NZ, though I'm sure you can find in Australia.

-JB