[AusNOG] Recommendations for reliable LTE devices

Beeson, Ayden ABeeson at csu.edu.au
Mon May 22 14:14:51 EST 2017

Depending on your equipment, for the Cisco LTE card you might be better off / need to go with the NIM-LTEA-LA

We haven’t tested it yet (still waiting to buy it) but I’ve used the 3g EHWIC with a connection before (Telstra) and it works great, though it’ll be even more than the EHWIC as it’s the “latest” one.

As long as the mobile network is alive, it’s been 100% reliable for a couple of years now, reconnects automatically if there is a network outage etc so it’s doing the job.

Definitely not in the $300 range, but at least its inside the router you are connecting so it’s an all in one solution, you can also add other WAN connectivity cards for resiliency, and built in VPN is a given obviously.

Thanks,
Ayden Beeson