[AusNOG] Optus NBN HFC lease time 5 minutes....

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Fri May 12 17:37:45 EST 2017

RFC2131 (3.7 When client should use DHCP) states that a DHCP request should
be done after a network disconnection, which actually makes sense and would
reject the need for short lease times.

Do the RSPs on the NBN have the ability the perform a link drop event
towards the CPE forcing it to renew its DHCP lease?

Edwin