[AusNOG] All Melbourne -> Melbourne Traffic Routing via, Sydney with TPG/PIPE/Tronic

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Wed May 10 21:55:45 EST 2017

On 5/10/2017 8:08 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> TPG/PIPE/Tronic is anywhere from 18 to 26 hops.  In addition to the odd
> network design, we experience weekly outages to TPG/PIPE/Tronic?s fibre
> services with devices / hops within their network failing and packets
> disappearing, when the reseller has logged tickets with TPG/PIPE the
> results have been one of two things 1) (The most common) ? there were no
> problems or 2) There was a problem that affected traffic (no further
> information).  So as you can imagine, this is a bit frustrating,
> especially when we?ve been informed by our reseller that TPG/PIPE take
> 10 day to respond to a sev 1 production outage ticket that?s been logged
> with them.  Now we?ve been told by our reseller that we?re absolutely
> not allowed to log tickets directly with TPG/PIPE and must go through
> them and as we?re still within contract we?ve got our hands tied to a
> certain degree.  I?m not interested in having a whinge at
> TPG/PIPE/Tronic here, I?m genuinely interested in finding out if others
> have these problems as well and taking on any advice as to mitigating
> all the issues this causes.
That is correct that under the resellers contract with TPG all
communication would need to go through the partner, as you are a
customer of Tronic and not TPG.
Tronic would also be the ones you would need to complain to if you
wanted compensation for outages.
Do they  have an SLA, Service Level Agreement? if so consult that and
quote it back to them.
Realistically as you are using the services of a reseller and paying
them to provide you with a level of service, they should be the ones
figuring out how to get services back online during downtime and fixing
network issues.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager