[AusNOG] Kensington Sydney fibre cut

Jared Hirst jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au
Wed May 10 19:21:04 EST 2017

Anyone else affected? Is this a large cut or a few providers?

I am not affected due to redundancy but was wondering if there was more
people affected than just Superloop?

I assume someone didn't dial before they dug... Kudos to Superloop for the
constant updates! It's been good, below is the latest;

Dear Customer,

Please be aware that we currently have multiple outages caused by a cable
cut in the Kensington, Sydney area.

Technicians have located a damaged duct section with cut fibre optic cables
caused by construction works in the area. This issue appears to be
affecting multiple carriers in the Kensington area. Plans for repair are
being put into action by our third party provider and the necessary
resources being mobilised. More information will be passed on as it comes
to hand.

We do not currently have an ETA for restoration but expect repair works to
carry on well into the night and through to tomorrow morning.