[AusNOG] Is VyOS dead? What is everyone using for virtual routers/firewalls?

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue May 2 18:49:08 EST 2017

Mostly a re-write of a lot of core processes to bring them much more
multi-threaded, to utilise those massive core count CCR's.

Biggest complaints atm from my understanding:

1) BGP processing, bringing in massive amounts of routes and parsing
over them is single core to an extent
2) TCP streams seem to be limited based on a single CPU pushing 100% and
allowing 1gbit through (single stream limitation)

Not sure if these are fixed or just workarounds put in but these were
big 'coming in V7' features.