[AusNOG] Prediction: Google et. al. may artificially penalise IPv4 clients

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Tue May 2 15:40:24 EST 2017

On 01/05/17 16:37, Geoff Huston wrote:
> Routing coverage is erratic.

At $DAYJOB I've been playing with doing some investigation into route
path analysis, and knocked up a script to identify AS with (likely)
missing IPv6 sessions to their customers.

Even the folk you might think of being pretty good with routing had
issues (for the bigger transit providers, hundreds of cases).

This is somewhat self-repairing once traffic appears, but of course the
added hops (and often significant latency) doesn't help.

(This may end up being part of a NANOG talk if I end up finishing the
proposal, I have a different idea for an AusNOG talk, but that's TBD)