[AusNOG] Prediction: Google et. al. may artificially penalise IPv4 clients

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 2 13:03:20 EST 2017

On Tue, 2 May 2017, Geoff Huston wrote:

> SLAAC and RDNSS and DHCP6 is a chaotic mess.

Perhaps not relevant for residential users, but there's one Android
developer who refuses to support DHCPv6[1], which stops it working on some
enterprise networks. And Windows 10 only added RDNSS support in the most
recent update, which came out less than a month ago.

[1] https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36949085 now requires a Google
account for no good reason. I recommend reading it though if you like to
see how one man can single-handedly prevent technical progress to more
than a billion devices through sheer stubbornness.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |