[AusNOG] TCP Compliance issues

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Fri Mar 31 08:59:27 EST 2017

Hi All, I have been wondering how others handle the issues of TCP compliance when you have customised service offerings and pricing for just about every deal.
One of our businesses is a licensed carrier and only deals with business grade Ethernet connections, but pretty much every one is different, different price, different speed, different data allowance etc.
Reading the code compliance stuff when we first started the business it was pretty clear that if you didn't have standard advertised prices or deal with residential customers that TCP compliance wasn't required, however upon determining our application they determined that we had to comply because we had a base pricelist that we worked off to develop pricing, which I think is a load of crap personally.

Anyway, so we have to now constantly create critical information summaries every time we quote somebody just to comply with this rubbish which I really don't think we should need to do.

Has anybody been in a similar situation and managed to get an exemption from this ? it really isn't necessary for business services I don't think.
The amount of time and effort involved in just creating documents every time we quote a service is crazy.

Thanks
Paul