[AusNOG] Team Cyrmu bogon filtering

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 16:56:05 EST 2017

Team Cymru is a really cool solution to automating Bogon management. Though
it's commercial value is debatable, read the terms of service:

"This is a free service there are *no guarantees of uptime or response time*
- we'll make our best efforts, of course, but no promises of anything!"

So any change request is going to have to get past the change board, a
cost/benefit of automatically blocking bogons, versus the risk of a free
service for whatever reason, filtering say, the entire internet.

I've not seen it in production. Bogons as a threat vector is pretty low in
the pecking order anyway.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins