[AusNOG] ADSL SLA Reference Material Required

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Mar 20 16:43:59 EST 2017

On 20/03/2017 15:31, Guy Ellis wrote:

> Cameron,
>
> I think you will need 3G/LTE failover to get that.
> ICOB failures can take a DSL line out for several days.
>
> Regards,
> - Guy.
>
> (ICOB = In Case Of Backhoe ;-)

and clumsy telstra techs

ADSL can be very reliable, I've had over a YEAR without a drop out,
typically over the years only loose DSL when powers out and UPS gets
exhausted - until last Friday bout 4pm, when I started having
consecutive dropouts, yanked the gear off, tested the line, got serious
foreign battery, reported it, have to tolerate it till Thursday... But I
know the guys were working in the pit at end of street from 330 till
430...

So a 99% SLA (365 days) usually would work well in my case (4 days
outage), except the fact the weekend (6 days) was in the road, theyd
still meet that, in fact they still might if they fix it tomorrow
*cough*  :)

--
Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

 		This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/