[AusNOG] How do we win over the Telstra 50/50 for $850 "Special"?

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Wed Mar 15 12:58:23 EST 2017

Hi Cameron, I hear you, something we have discussed in depth with our account manager at TW, they really don’t care TBH, it’s possible to match it most of the time with basically zero margin, so of course it’s not worth doing IMHO.

You really need to convince the customer that they should be dealing with you.

With the 100M one it’s a little more possible to compete and make a couple of bucks, but it still doesn’t work well.

The other things are that the Telstra connections can’t do vlans, can’t have different COS levels, can’t do anything special except deliver internet really, they are very basic, but unfortunately that suits many companies.

Regards
Paul