[AusNOG] How do we win over the Telstra 50/50 for $850 "Special"?

Cameron Murray cameron.murray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 12:49:07 EST 2017

Guys,

Over the past 24 months many of us have lost connections to the Telstra
"Special" that well; never looks like it's going to end.

We are trying to compose a list of why chose us over the big T.

Ourselves, I would put the number of lost contracts at around 50 which may
not seem many to some but for us it is a big deal.

Our Key Differences:

   - Local Support Staff
   - End to End QoS
   - Onsite Technical Assistance
   - You can come to our office and speak to our technical staff who run
   the network.
   - Uncontested Service
   - Supporting Local Jobs

>From what we have put together about the Telstra offering:

   - Standard CoS
   - Contention up to 25:1 in some areas
   - Cheaper than Wholesale access + Transit combined

Your experience and comments appreciated!

Regards

Cameron