[AusNOG] VDSL equivalent to TP-Link TD-8817 for use in bridge mode

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Mon Mar 13 23:13:22 EST 2017

On 13/03/17 04:54, Damien Gardner Jnr wrote:
> Yeah the Vigor 130 is awesome, with one caveat - it struggles to
> maintain sync if you're 'too' close to the node.  The one I had was
> rock-solid when I was 590m to the node.  When we shifted to our current
> place, which is only 90m to the node, it refused to maintain sync for
> more than ~30 minutes at a time).  They also sync slightly lower than
> other modems.. (58/17 at our previous place, compared to 63/21 on a
> TG799 and NF4V).

I'm using one in FTTB, almost certainly less cable distance than that
and haven't had any issues. Solid 55Mb sync (I'm assuming surpressed
since I'm only paying for 50Mb)

I actually had it bridging to an SRX110 for a while, but have since
retired the SRX and simply use a spare linux box for my L3 CPE needs.