[AusNOG] AAPT IPLine recommendations - maybe OT?

Nick Pratley nick.pratley at serversaustralia.com.au
Mon Mar 13 12:32:09 EST 2017

Hi Paul,

I have one at home on FTTN NBN

Apply the patch from the VDSL PIM to the srx110 (same VDSL chipset as pim)
and it just works (make sure to set host outbound traffic class to 0)

Been rock solid for months.

On Monday, March 13, 2017, Paul Holm <ausnog at pkholm.com> wrote:

> I guess jus adding RPM script to run firmware upgrade command into initial
> confit will do the trick.
>
> Paul H
>
> > On 7 Mar 2017, at 5:24 PM, Craig Askings <craig at askings.com.au
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of the vdsl chipset firmware, has anyone worked out if you can
> update it via the zero touch provisioning?
> >
> > I know you can do the config + OS update. Just not sure about the VDSL
> chipset.
> >

> >> On 7 Mar 2017, at 11:02 am, Brad Peczka <brad at bradpeczka.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >>
> >> I know I'm late to the party here... but how about a Juniper
> SRX110H2-VA?
> >>
> >> Inbuilt VDSL2/ADSL2+ modem, full firewall with UTM (if you want it),
> and can generally be had for a very reasonable price.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> -Brad.
> >>
> >> Hi Noggers,
> >>
> >> Please excuse the maybe OT request…Please reply offlist to avoid
> gumming up the list…
> >>
> >> Have a customer with AAPT IP Line ADSL2 connection, their <ISP>
> recommended a crappy TP-Link, which I refuse to sell..
> >>
> >> So spoke to <ISP> for alternatives, who were about as helpful as a
> broken fridge in a heatwave…
> >>
> >> So can I please ask humbly for any Noggers who sell/use AApt IPLine
> ADSL2+ to please recommend a suitable mid-range Modem/Router for the
> service, as we got them a pretty generic mid-range Linksys and it doesn’t
> work..
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Mark Currie

 Regards,
​​
 Nick Pratley Senior Network Operator [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/ServersAustralia>[image: @serversau on Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/serversau>
[image: email_signature.png] <http://www.serversaustralia.com.au>

Direct Phone: +61 2 8115 8817
*Phone:*  +61 2 8115 8888
E-Mail: nick.pratley at serversaustralia.com.au
<ellen.gallo at serversaustralia.com.au>Web: www.serversaustralia.com.au
11/6 Reliance Drive, Tuggerah NSW 2259
PO Box 3187, Tuggerah NSW 2259

SYDNEY | BRISBANE | PERTH | MELBOURNE | NEW ZEALAND

Notice: This message may contain private and confidential information
intended only for the recipients. If you have received this message in
error please delete immediately and notify the sender. Any distribution or
reproduction of this message is prohibited. The views & opinions expressed
in this email are NOT necessarily those of Servers Australia.