[AusNOG] Getting connected to a physically closer NBN FTTN node

Matt Selbst matt.j.selbst at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:13:58 EST 2017

Hi All,

Hoping someone with some first hand knowledge can help me. I've got a
client connected to NBN FTTN. However they seem to have been connected to a
node that is physically much further from their premises than their nearest
node.

Their nearest node is about 300 metres away but it looks like they've been
connected to one that is almost 1km away which is obviously impacting their
maximum speeds.

Does anyone know if there is a process to move them to the closer node?

I'd also note, their old copper ADSL2 copper pair was used when
provisioning their FTTN service. Would ordering a brand new FTTN copper
pair possibly connect them to the closer node?

-Matt