[AusNOG] AAPT IPLine recommendations - maybe OT?

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Mon Mar 6 23:40:17 EST 2017

Hi,

I find the most common failure with the TP-Link's are the PSU's. Get the
customer to chuck in a good power filter, or supply them with an uprated
one, and they should work fine.

Jamie

On 6 March 2017 at 22:21, Paul Holmanskikh <ausnog at pkholm.com> wrote:

> TP-Links are not that bad. They usually die after a year, but otherwise
> works just fine. Much better than Billon/Netcomm/Huawei.   Ciscos are the
> best but bit overprices, have a look to Junipers too. You will get  SRX110
> for example. You will get nice reliable FW for cost of the router.
>
> ---
> NEXON - I.T. FOR THE DYNAMIC BUSINESS
> Paul Holmanskikh
> Senior Network Engineer
>

> On 06/03/2017 12:46, Mark Currie wrote:
>
> Hi Noggers,
>>
>> Please excuse the maybe OT request…Please reply offlist to avoid gumming
>> up the list…
>>
>> Have a customer with AAPT IP Line ADSL2 connection, their <ISP>
>> recommended a crappy TP-Link, which I refuse to sell..
>>
>> So spoke to <ISP> for alternatives, who were about as helpful as a broken
>> fridge in a heatwave…
>>
>> So can I please ask humbly for any Noggers who sell/use AApt IPLine
>> ADSL2+ to please recommend a suitable mid-range Modem/Router for the
>> service, as we got them a pretty generic mid-range Linksys and it doesn't
>> work..
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark Currie

Jamie Lovick <-> IT Consultant <-> AU <-> +61-4-1479-1681
                                -> US <-> +1-8018-4-JAMIE (52643)
                                -> FR <-> +33-9-7073-0340
Doof.org                        -> Em <-> jalovick at doof.org