[AusNOG] ADSL Bridge Modems

Cory Hawkless Cory at Hawkless.id.au
Fri Jun 23 23:01:20 EST 2017

I have never seen that one, a very cool little device indeed! A router on a PCIe card, useful for remote offices possibly?

-----Original Message-----
From: AusNOG [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of James Andrewartha
Sent: Friday, 23 June 2017 9:29 PM
To: Zia Nayamuth <zedestructor at gmail.com>
Cc: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] ADSL Bridge Modems

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017, Zia Nayamuth wrote:

> I had a Draytek Vigor130 for a while. Lovely little box, and supports
> NBN VDSL as well as boring old ADSL2+ (as well as VLANs and multi-circuit stuff for triple-play services and whatnot). My TD-8817 on the other hand was hopelessly unreliable.

Someone pointed out the Draytek VigorNIC 132(F), which is essentially a Vigor 130 on a PCIe card presenting a bridged ethernet interface to the host. So no DSL driver issues, it would suit people who run their firewalls on PC hardware. The F version also features an SFP cage instead of an RJ-45 port. https://www.draytek.com.au/products/xdsl-routers/vigornic-132f/

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |