[AusNOG] Government intends to pass TSSR this parliament

Nick Gale nickgale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 21:48:57 EST 2017

The right to privacy is less of an issue than with the breaking of things
that ought not be broken. All it will take is one bank to go down because
their escrow keys were acquired by another sovereign state and you have the
country in lots of trouble. Attacks on a key escrow the government holds
for all keys won't be by some kid in the basement. It will be by other
countries.

The so called "bad guys" will just build infrastructure that doesn't adhere
to such regulations. Even now its not hard to do. Whats to stop people
building their own CA's to encrypt their comms? You think that if someone
does they are going to give the keys to the govt?

Sure they can't use facebook or twitter or other public services but they
sure as hell can plan whatever it is they want to without having anyone
eve's drop on them. Essentially the only people this sort of thing impacts
is the average joe.

*Nick Gale*

*T:* (08) 9425 5029
*M: *0418 989 020
*E:* nickgale at gmail.com

P Please consider the environment before you print this email.