[AusNOG] Government intends to pass TSSR this parliament

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 21:25:50 EST 2017

On 13 June 2017 at 20:50, grenville armitage <garmitage at swin.edu.au> wrote:

> On 06/13/2017 20:19, Paul Wilkins wrote:
>>
>> [...] That the technology is new doesn't change the fundamentals of
>> liberty vs state authority.
>

> Indeed.

Agree. Pity he argued the opposite.

Paraphrasing, "Magna Carta .... now we have the Internet, so everybody
needs to trust the government with our crypto keys, regardless of
whether we're under suspicion of committing a crime or not."

I wonder if Paul would be comfortable with the government legislating
that we must give them copies of our front door keys? That too would
be government mandated key escrow.