[AusNOG] Google Email Contact

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sun Jun 11 14:07:17 EST 2017

--- markzzzsmith at gmail.com wrote:
From: Mark Smith <markzzzsmith at gmail.com>
On 11 June 2017 at 12:19, Scott Weeks <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:
> --- phillip.grasso at gmail.com wrote:
> From: Phillip Grasso <phillip.grasso at gmail.com>
>

> Network engineers as we know it is an endangered species.
>

> Yes, become a better programmer or become irrelevant. :-)

What are you going to program when the network programs itself?

The software that configures, operates and performance manages
the network, maybe?  Other stuff necessary for operation of the
network?  Self-driving cars still need mechanics.

I can't wait to see how the self-managed network troubleshoots
those problems that turn out to be really-hard-to-figure-out
problems that turn into bug fixes from the vendor.  I could
think of a lot more corner cases... >;-)

scott